Junior & Youth
Our teams play in the Western Bay of Plenty leagues on Saturday morning across our home fields, Links Avenue Reserve & Ocean Downs. Whether you're keen to play competitively or socially, we have several teams in each grade from ages 7-16.
Teams are graded into age groups for the age you are turning this calendar year. For example if you are 12 but turning 13 this year, you will be in the U13 age group. Most teams will train once per week, but this is up to the coach and team to determine the time and day(s) they train.
If you're looking for football programmes with our NZF qualified coaches check out our Skill Centre Open (SKC) programmes.
If you're looking for Mini Blues, fun football for ages 4-6. Information on this can be found here.
If you have any further questions, please contact Jacs at email@example.com
How to Register
Existing TCAFC members
- Log onto your TCAFC account using the login box at the top of this page.
- Click Register Now.
- Choose which player(s) you're registering
- Select which programme (if it is missing, check that registrations are still open).
- Correct any missing information and follow the instructions on screen.
- Select "Register" at the top of this page or click here.
- Select "Talent Programmes".
- Complete member details.
- Click "Proceed to Parents/Guardians" and follow the instructions on screen.
Your grade is the age you're turning this calendar year. e.g. If you are 11 now but turning 12 this year you will be in the 12th grade. If you are 11 now and turning 12 next year, you will be in the 11th grade.
We provide all team shirts to play in. For all other gear (shorts, socks, shin pads, boots and more) please go to our club store here.
If you aren't purchasing through our club store, please make sure you buy black shorts and sky blue socks. Examples of these are on our Club Store.
Every player is important to us at TCAFC. Our goal is to ensure that all of our boys and girls are playing at a level that meets their needs. We will do our best to create the best environment possible for all players to reach their footballing goals.
As part of the trial process, TCAFC teams are organised into divisions based on their ability and ambitions.
Coach Education and Support
Maia Ririnui (Head of Youth) & Cameron Grieve (Head of Juniors) will be helping support and nurture our junior coaches to develop their own skills and support them in delivering best football practice.
They will be hosting coach education events throughout the year and be available to help all our coaches.
The club is always looking for volunteers to help with small roles that won't take too much of your time. We'd love to hear from you if you can help, or have an interest in giving coaching a go.
Please get in contact with Jacs at firstname.lastname@example.org who will put you in contact with the best person to chat with.
- Registration - please click on the Register link on this website for more information.
- Junior and Youth Playing Formats - keep up to date on your grade. What size ball, how many in a team, the retreating line.
- Draws, Results and Tables - Available under the "Draws" menu on the WaiBOP site. We will also post draws to social media which can also be viewed on our website home page.
- Entering scores - U13 boys and above.
- Using Friendly Manager (FM - our club system) - You can find documents on how to use FM on our website Resource page.
From 2020, WaiBOP will not be recording results and tables for grades U7-U12 (including U13 girls).