Tēnā koutou members, another disrupted season but we’ve come through it again and now look forward to a “normal” year in 2022. It will be different and we wait for NZF & SportBOP guidance on what that looks like.
At the recent AGM, Simon Bryan and Maia Ririnui were both voted back on to the Executive Committee for another 2 year term. It’s great to have the consistency for the club and I’d to thank them for their support alongside Jacinda Keyte (Club Secretary), Ash Brownrigg (Treasurer) and Clint Boyle who recently stepped down from his Executive Committee role.
Following the AGM, the Executive Committee reappointed me as Chairperson. It’s an honour to hold this position for the best club in the Bay and I look forward to working with the Executive Team for another exciting year ahead. Ash Brownrigg was also reappointed as Treasurer.
Jacinda Keyte has advised the Executive Committee that she will step down as Club Secretary once a new Club Secretary is appointed. I’d like to thank Jacs for the work she’s done streamlining a lot of the clubs processes. The role is a lot different than it used to be and will be an easier transition for the next Club Secretary. Jacs will be sticking around though, providing support in the Junior & Youth space.
If you are interested in the Club Secretary position, please touch base with me.
We’re also losing another football family from TCAFC, with Jason and Jenny Anderson heading to Napier with their boys Alex and Harry at the end of this year. Both have been active volunteers in the club across Futsal and Winter Football and while we’re sad to see them depart, we wish them all the best.
We’re very lucky to have awesome Major Partners - Stringer & Co and Powers Realty. Lee and the team have been a huge support for us this season, and we can’t thank them enough. Thank you also to Foundation Clinic, Red Cat Photography, FreshChoice Papamoa, ABS Electrical, Adidas Football and Friendly Manager.
We’re looking to extend our Partnerships going into 2022 as we look to continue our success. We’re keen to talk to any businesses interested in joining our journey.
It’s been another big year for our club, so I wanted to highlight some of the things we’ve achieved.
- Womens First team promotion to the NRFL Premiership (NZ’s top womens regional league) after an undefeated W-League champions. Finalist for SportBOP Team of the Year. Emma Cawte, WaiBOP player of the year. Kerri-Ann top goalscorer, by one over Abi Collins. NRFL Premiership position currently under review.
- To enable the NRFL Premiership promotion, we achieved National League club licensing. It’s hard to explain what goes into this but it looks at our whole club. Junior & Youth programmes, Community football, our finances, our coaches, players… if we have a bus park! Massive achievement that enables us to compete for a position in the National League.
- U23 Reserves. 2nd in the NRFL Division 1. This is mostly a U17 squad!
- Bay Relics. 2nd in a title race that went to the wire. Mike Barton, player of the year.
- U14 & U17 teams first season in the NRFL Youth leagues. The U17 team who are mostly U16, finished 2nd to Auckland United.
- U17’s won the National Championships in December 2020 (delayed event), then came third in March 2021.
- U19’s were 2nd in National Championships in October 2020, then made the semi-finals in October 2021.
- Isla Ganley and Zachary Bryant both selected for NZF National U17 Identification Camps.
- The first and only WaiBOP club to achieve NZF accreditation for our Talent Development Programmes. This week, these accreditations were approved for the 2022 season.
- We’ve got 2 coaches close to their A-Licence (Barry/Nic), 2 coaches going onto A-Licence next year (Maia and Cam) and several going for C licences which Jim Burtenshaw achieved earlier this season. All returning next year!
- Adidas rebranding half of the club, with women and juniors in the pipeline for 2022.
- New goalposts, team shelters. Less work for members to set up and pack down.
Success Breeds Success!
That’s just a snippet, well done to everyone involved!