Thank you to those members who attended our AGM last week and contributed to some good conversations.
At the AGM, your Executive Committee put forward a motion for an amendment to our constitution to enable more continuity and stability for the governance of our club. The recommendations were:
- At 2020 AGM that 2 Executive Committee members are elected for 2 years and 2 are elected for 1 year. From the 2021 AGM onwards, 2 Executive Committee members will be elected for a period of 2 years (with 2 Executive Committee members retaining their positions for another year).
- At the first Executive Committee meeting following the AGM (within 14 days), the Executive Committee appoints a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer. The Chairperson must be one of the 4 elected Executive Committee members. This gives the Executive Committee scope to make these appointments on behalf of the membership, and to ensure the appointments make best use of the skills and expertise held within the Exec to support the clubs aspirations at that time.
These changes were unanimously agreed by those in attendance and that the current Executive Committee was re-elected for:
- 2 years - Brendon McHugh, Clint Boyle
- 1 year - Simon Bryant, Maia Ririnui
Following the AGM, the Executive Committee met and made the following appointments:
- Chairperson: Brendon McHugh
- Secretary: Jacinda Keyte
- Treasurer: Ash Brownrigg
- Senior Football Representative: Clint Boyle
- Talent Development Representative: Maia Ririnui
- Junior & Youth Representative: Simon Bryant
At this first meeting the Executive Committee also discussed matters raised by members at the AGM, including clubroom renovations and club-wide communications. You will hear more on this in the future.
Thank you for the opportunity to represent our club as Chairperson again, I look forward to working with the Executive Committee and all members in the next year. We’ve achieved a lot in a short time and with more help from members, there is a lot more we can achieve.
We will also be looking for help in other roles across the club, so keep an eye out for details soon. If you are interested in helping in a small or larger role, please let me know.
Ngā mihi nui,