24 Aug

We are now keeping this information updated here

Tēnā koutou katoa,

We hope you’re all surviving another lock-down and, like everyone in Aotearoa, we wait for government advice for a return to normality again.

At this stage, no one knows if Winter Leagues will finish and all events around the country hinge on COVID Levels changing. For football, this is what we do know for each Alert Level:


Level 3 and Level 4
No football activities will resume. All of our facilities are closed. If you require access, please contact myself or one of the Executive Committee members.


Level 2
Football training and games can resume but adhering to Government guidance, including strict requirements around distancing and group sizes. If you remember last year, we had a Level 2.5 where group sizes were limited to 10 allowing training to resume. Level 2 then increased group sizes to 100 people. Current Government guidance can be found here.


Level 1
We can play and train while adhering to government guidance.


So what does that mean for upcoming events?
We will hold off postponing events until we feel enough information is available. You may receive a cancellation notification from Friendly Manager (our club management application) as we delete events that can’t be held due to restrictions. A new event will be created when we have a new date.


End of Season Celebrations
For our Junior & Youth members, this might be possible when we get down to Level 2 but in smaller groups. For our Seniors, this is unlikely to be workable above Level 1.


As above, we will assess this at the time and may hold a reduced event in Level 2.


TCAFC Social Tournaments
For our Sunday Tournament (end of September) and our Women's and Men’s Social tournaments (October), we need to be at Level 1 to run a full tournament. We will look at alternative options, which may include reduced numbers or alternative dates. We do have limitations in terms of field availability post October.


We’re coming up to a busy month for our Junior & Youth members on the tournament front. Rotorua Junior Festival, Weir Rose Bowl, Taupo McCartney and the U19 Nationals are all coming up. We’re sure that the organisers will be waiting for guidance as well and will update everyone in due course.

Getting back into football takes significant effort from our volunteers, so I ask that you stay patient and we will update you once we’ve had time to digest the current situation. This may mean that we aren’t always able to answer individual questions in a timely manner.

Stay safe, stay home and be kind. We’ll see you all soon.

Kia kaha Blues
Brendon McHugh

Success Breeds Success